As a premier shopping destination, Merle Hay Mall offers a unique blend of retail, dining and entertainment options. Over the years, Merle Hay Mall has continued to attract popular national, regional and local retailers to complement its first-to-the-state Flix Brewhouse, featuring a restaurant, microbrewery, and a 1,000 seat, 8-screen, dine-in movie complex.
- Iowa’s first super-regional, hybrid shopping center
- Over 80 retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues
- Over 200,000 square feet of leasable office space (Merle Hay Centre and Merle Hay Tower).
- Located in a densely populated residential area with over 90,000 people within a 3-mile radius.
- High-visibility along Des Moines’ third busiest street for vehicle traffic, Merle Hay Road
Property Quick Facts
Choose a Location
- Cross Streets: Merle Hay Road and Douglas Avenue (38,100 daily vehicles)
- Interstate Access: 1.5 miles south of Interstate 80/35 on Merle Hay Road
- Metro Area: Des Moines, IA
- Type of Center: Enclosed super regional
- Anchor Tenants: Target, Kohl’s, Ross Dress For Less
- Junior Anchor Tenants: Old Navy, ULTA, Staples, Shoe Carnival
- Entertainment Anchors: Flix Brewhouse, Merle Hay Bowling Lanes
- Number of Retail Stores: 80
- Total Gross Leasable Area: 941,866 sq ft.
- Number of Parking Spaces: 6,000
Tom Walsh–CRX, CLS
SVP Director of Leasing
Director of Leasing
- Number of Floors: 6
- Largest Contiguous Space: 12,052 SF
- Lease Rate: $5.62/SF Net
- Approximate Floor Plate: 24,992 SF
- Parking: 5 per 1,000
- Location: 1.2 miles (2 minutes) from Interstate 80. Located on border of Des Moines, Urbandale and Johnston, IA. Centrally located on three DART bus lines
- Amenities: Central Location, 2 free-to-schedule conference rooms, on 3 bus lines, free on-site fitness facility with locker rooms, ample parking, and access to restaurants and shopping.
Jon Ledinksky, CBRE
- Numbers of Floors: 6
- Largest Contiguous Space: 8,938 SF
- Approximate Floor Plan: 8,938 SF
- Parking: 100 stalls
- Location: Attached to Merle Hay Mall
- Amenities: On-site restaurants and shopping, conference facilities, on 3 bus lines, access to fitness facility with locker rooms, WiFi
For more information, contact:
Jared W. Hassman